Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Rodeo!

Yesterday I got to spend some actual quality time with my boys. I feel like this really hasn't happened enough recently. We hopped in the car and headed out to the rodeo. Now, I'm not really sure I feel like we went to the rodeo. All that stuff happened later in the day and cost more money. It was more like we went to the fair. But it was still a good time walking around and watching Dex experience all the sights and sounds.


Enjoying his pizza


He really wasn't so into the petting zoo. I think he doesn't like it when there are small animals on his level. They freak him out a bit.


Waiting for his pony ride. 


LOVING the pony ride. He was laughing so hard he could barely stay on the pony.


My little cowboy.


Riding his tractor


So all in all it was a good day. Once the sun was too hot and there were too many people, we ate our last ice cream cone and headed home. We thought Dex was going to pass out as soon as we got in the car, but we had another thing coming. He spent the ride home singing. At first I couldn't tell what he was singing but I thought I recognized the tune. After a few minutes I figured out he was singing "Farmer in the Dell." Once I figured that out, I knew he was singing a song they sing in his class about shapes. But, how cool is that? Without knowing the words I recognized his tune. I guess there's some musical talent in him! (Oh, and then he didn't nap and didn't go to sleep until about 10pm. I guess the rodeo riled him up too much)

On another note. Tomorrow we go to the Dr and if all goes well, we find out the sex of the baby! Wish us luck. Any takers on what it will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...