Sunday, March 6, 2011

16 Weeks

Now our little peanut is 4-5 inches long and weighs 3-5 ounces. Isn't that a lot? It's crazy how quickly they grow. I can definitely tell that I'm showing now, but when I tell someone they say I'm not showing at all. I'm feeling great and am so happy so be less sick this time around.

Declan is starting to hit more milestones. Tonight will be the one week mark of him exclusively sleeping in his big-boy bed with no pack-and-play crutch. He's been doing ok for the most part. We had one really tough night, but other than that he has been doing pretty well at getting used to it. I think we are hitting the terrible twos, however. I so miss my sweet little baby. Now I have a boy who is still sweet most of the time, and loves to give kisses and hugs- but also screams for no apparent reason. There are a lot of communication issues at the moment. He wants to be telling us so much more than he is able and it is really frustrating for everyone. He tries to insist on being unbuckled in the car. He can't stand being in any kind of cart in a store. He will just sit down if he doesn't want to go somewhere. Ugh. The worst is the yelling. I try so hard to stay calm to teach him to solve things calmly... but it's so hard. I get so frustrated. If there is any advice on this stage please let me know. I'm feeling a little out of my comfort zone.

But I get to escape it for a few days soon! On Friday I am hitting up an airplane by myself to join my dad for a baby-free vacation. Finding a maternity bathing suit has been super difficult and I'm running out of time. Other than than I'm just going to be spending the next few days getting ready to soak up some sun and quiet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...