Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day

Here we are, in Austin TX celebrating our first Texas snow day. This morning it was pretty slippery and I'm glad to not have to be travelling with the tons of other people that have no idea how to drive on icy roads. We have spent our morning with Declan sleeping in while I watched trashy TV, then meeting up with Daddy to go and get hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin. Now we're back home, Dex is playing with his toys and I need to get to washing some dishes. However, after hanging out with people at the coffee shop I may have a new outlook on being here. I really like being here, and love the weather... I just need to start being more active about forming some friendships. I think that once I have some people to hang out with I'll start feeling more like myself again.

And about the haircut. We did it. I got those little boy curls cut off. I'm hoping that since my whole side of the immediate family has curly hair that he continues to have curly hair, but I'm hoping even more that this solves the problem of him digging at his ears now that his hair isn't tickling them. And here are the pictures of our now so-much-more grown up boy.


Sorry for the runny nose and not-too-happy look. He really wanted to push the buttons on the camera.


Getting ready to go outside


Looking at the snow


All bundled up


1 comment:

  1. I love him. I wish we were neighbors and went to coffee shops together though <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...