Tuesday, January 4, 2011

On the pregnancy

So far things have been going pretty smoothly. For the first few weeks I really didn't feel any different at all. (Except for the inevitable leaping of bra sizes.) On New Year's Eve I discovered my first bought of "morning" (read; ALL AFTERNOON/EVENING/NIGHT) sickness. It was interesting to throw up three separate times on a national drinking holiday while consuming absolutely no alcohol at all, obviously. I've been a little sick on and off. It's hard to not get too down about it. I was so sick last time, that I just get pretty scared that it's going to be the same.

Hopefully not. Hopefully it will pass much sooner. I have also been experiencing some dizziness/faintness every so often. I didn't have that at all last time. I don't know if I can help it by eating? Drinking more water? Any ladies out there have this problem and know a solution? There is the obvious fatigue. I'm so ready to pass out right now, and I'm not going to lie... just had the biggest momfail. I pretty much just put on a movie before Dex's bedtime so he would be distracted and I could halfheartedly try to snooze a little. I know. Bad.

I have my first Dr appointment on Thursday where we will do the initial confirmation and ultrasound and such. I can't wait to see the little one. I'm hoping that going will assuage any doubts that are in the back of my mind, and seeing it will make the whole thing more real.

In other news... current cravings: California rolls (with everything cooked, I promise!), French Onion dip, salads, soup (though it's never as satisfying as I want it to be), and queso (though that's all the time)

Current aversions: Housework (haha), anything too heavy, the smell of cigarettes like whoa, bananas, and we'll see if anything else comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...