Saturday, January 8, 2011

I know I probably do this way too often...

But... how can I not (almost) constantly sing the praises of the love I receive daily? I seriously don't know what I did to please someone in charge of things, but I can't believe how lucky I am to have Logan. He keeps me supplied with bbq chips and french onion dip, and ice cream, and lets me fall asleep at 730. Then he puts Dex to bed and when I wake up at midnight in pain, he goes to the store to get me anything and everything he can think of to make me feel better. I hope that I show him as much love as I feel. Because I am shown so much love.

I've been getting a bit sick recently. Usually not the hours of incapacitating nausea that I got last time (though there have been a few of those days) but I have definitely made friends with the toilet. I'm trying to keep my head up and remember that it doesn't last forever. I have also been feeling a lot more tired. I have a lot of respect for moms with many children. I feel like I for sure can't last as long in the day as Dex. Then, when I need to sit for a bit and can't play I feel so guilty. There has to be some way to get some energy back. Any ideas? I haven't been feeling lightheaded though, so that is a good thing.

I had an appointment to go see the Dr this week. To make a long story short, it didn't happen. To try not to get into an angry place... we'll just say that my benefits didn't kick in exactly when they should have. I have now seen my temporary health insurance card... so back to square one next week. Hopefully we'll be able to work something out soon to check this little baby out.

Declan is so cute. I ask him what is in my belly and he says "baby". He then proceeds to kiss my belly and say "hot!" because I'm assuming it is a little warm from being covered up all day. He talks so much and does so many things. I can't believe how much he grows every day. He walks around the house with a mission. He goes in and out of rooms, opening and closing the doors and saying "Hello" and "Bye Bye" when entering and exiting. The other day he was eating a piece of cheese that was on a napkin (we were having a picnic at the park) and he caught the napkin as well as the cheese. Logan was amazed that he was old enough to understand the difference and work to manipulate his fingers to separate them before eating anything. I watch him and am in awe of how fast he is growing up. I hold him in my lap and appreciate every second because somewhere in the back of my mind I am ten years down the road and pining for him to love me with as much passion as he does now.

I am a lucky mommy and I am a lucky wife.

1 comment:

  1. <3 You are a lovely lady who deserves every ounce of love you've got!

    Miss you and that munchkin. Keep me updated on your belly baby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...