Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Ramblings

Still fighting with AT&T to get our internet settled. A bit frustrating, but what can ya do. I guess the neighbor's spotty stolen internet will continue to suffice for the time being.

Two weeks and one day until Dex and I are East Coast bound. I am SO excited to see my family and friends. Like unbelievably so. However, I do have one minor thing that I'm a little nervous about. The weather! This East Coast girl has gotten pretty used to THIS kind of weather...



Right NowNext 36 Hours
FairTonightTomorrowTomorrow Night
Partly CloudyMostly SunnyPartly Cloudy
FairPartly CloudyMostly SunnyPartly Cloudy
61°F57°77°40°
Feels Like: 61°LowHighLow
Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0 in
Snow: 0 in
Chance of Precip:
20%
Chance of Precip:
20%
Chance of Precip:
10%
Wind:
From S at 3mph
Wind:
SSW at 9 mph
Wind:
SSW at 9 mph
Wind:
NNE at 14 mph


Seriously. 61 at 9pm. And tomorrow is a high of 77. Really not sure I can go back to...


Right NowNext 36 Hours
CloudyTonightTomorrowTomorrow Night
Clouds Early / Clearing LatePartly CloudyPartly Cloudy
CloudyClouds Early / Clearing LatePartly CloudyPartly Cloudy
38°F31°42°29°
Feels Like: 30°LowHighLow
Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0 in
Snow: 0 in
Chance of Precip:
20%
Chance of Precip:
20%
Chance of Precip:
20%
Wind:
From NW at 12mph
Wind:
NW at 13 mph
Wind:
WNW at 18 mph
Wind:
W at 13 mph


High of 42? I don't know about that. I'm not sure I have located enough long sleeved shirts yet.

I cannot wait to share how much my little man has grown. In the last four months he has truly become a real toddler. When we left he was walking but just barely. He now runs everywhere he goes. His smile is one of the biggest I've ever seen and I'm constantly getting compliments on how good and happy he is. (Though trust me... I also know the tantrums well... he just mostly saves those for mommy and daddy) I can't wait to have brunch in Brookline and patron the Starbucks in Newton. We will see all kinds of babies in Guilford and snuggle with Nana in Franklin. We'll see the sea on the Cape and the mountains in Vermont. I am so excited to remind my boy of his roots. Even though it hasn't been that long. He's little and I'm sure he won't remember.

He gets to experience the Christmas I grew up with. Christmas Eve with my mom's family and opening ONE gift (even though mom pretends EVERY year that we won't get to). Christmas day with my dad's family. The craziness of the Yankee Swap and so many kisses and cousins that are just his size. He will actually care about Christmas. He will touch every decoration he walks past and bounce to the music. I'm sure he will make cute faces all day that will reward him with sweets that my family will sneak him. He will unwrap his gifts and play with the wrapping paper. He will love to watch the Christmas movies that I grew up with. I can't wait to share it all with him. It stinks that Logan won't be with us to celebrate it, but it means that we get an extra Christmas when we get back. Once we leave Logan will be busy building this...

KidKraft Red Retro Vintage Kitchen - 53173

!!!!!! For our return. SOOOO excited for Dex to see it when we get back. The best present ever. (Thanks grandma!)


Also... on a slightly different note. I've been saving for awhile. Graduation money, birthday money, etc... and I think I'm almost on my way to...



A new camera. I've been thinking about it for a long time, and I think that I'm really ready to make the commitment. I don't know when it will happen exactly, but I want to be able to take great quality pictures of Declan and get more into it. If anyone knows anything about cameras, I'm definitely taking advice on what I should be looking for.

So all in all, I'm happy to be going home soon. Not so psyched for the weather. But ready to take on the holidays. And so ready to get to show it all to Dex. Love to all and can't wait to see those that read this back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...