Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

Here we sit, the day after Thanksgiving, and I could not be happier. We have been battling a cold of Declan's for the last few days. He stayed home with Grandma and Jill on Tuesday, and we ended up leaving school super early on Wednesday. My poor boy has been way up and way down. The fever has gone between completely normal to 103.5 then back to normal then way back up. It has been pretty bizarre. He seemed as though he was fine Thanksgiving morning, so we went to church and then headed to Jill's for Thanksgiving festivities. Once we got there he went down for a nap. And he slept. Hard and Long. So long that I got to eat my whole meal without having a toddler to chase down and try to keep in a chair long enough for him to eat. Once he was up he pretty much collapsed against my chest and wouldn't do anything except snuggle with me. So less than a half hour later, he went back down.

So Mommy and Daddy got to play Scategories. This repeated once more, except we got him to eat a couple of raspberries before he went back down the next time. Declan pretty much spent between 12:30 and 9:30 sleeping. I felt bad for having an under-the-weather child there, but feel so lucky to have family members that didn't mind and were completely there for us. I guess in the end we all won. Logan and I actually got to participate in hanging out and eating, and Dex got the sleep he needed. Once he finally woke up he seemed to be doing much better. He was actually interacting with people and talking and walking around. He then slept from midnight to 6:15, and 7:30 to 9:45 this morning. He is now fever-free, running around, laughing and talking. It's all good.



This year I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful to be able to have an adventure in a new place. This is only possible because of all the family I have to be thankful for. They have been there for me every step of the way. Willing to fly here because of the sound they hear in my voice, and fly me and Dex home for Christmas. I'm so thankful for my husband. We have grown so much together. Our relationship is so much stronger than it was a year ago. I am more thankful than I can say for my son. He saved me from a life of partying and teaches me more about love every day. I am thankful for coffee, having a car and a roof over our heads, unpacking clothes, hot showers, chocolate, and cameras. I am thankful for pen pals and cell phones and playgrounds and cuddling. I am thankful for my life and everything it has become.

And I am thankful for everyone that cares enough about us to read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...