Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 2- Something you love about yourself

Wow. Sorry to leave this blog on such a negative note. Although we don’t have internet I figured that I would have more time to get posts up. With the job and getting Declan used to his new place and schedule, I have been pretty busy. I’ll give a life update in another post, but let’s get this back to a more positive place first.

Something I love about myself. I have been so focused on others recently (cough cough Declan cough) that I haven’t had a whole lot of introspective time. I suppose that something I love about myself is my ability to work hard. I know a lot of people that don’t understand the concept of work. I feel as though a lot of this generation expects life to be handed to them on a silver platter while they sit around and watch tv. I was instilled with a strong work ethic from a young age. I was expected to do chores in order to get my allowance. As I got older and stopped getting an allowance I was expected to do yard work to earn money.

For me, painting a fence wasn’t just slopping some paint around and going on my merry way. I had to scrape, cover every inch in primer, two coats of paint, and keep the area around me and my materials clean. I was picked up from the SATs and then had to seed and hay an entire field that afternoon. I was a good worker. I enjoy hard work. Sure I resented having to do work sometimes when people I knew could just ask their parents for money and have it handed over, but this is what got me where I am today.

I found out I was pregnant as I was planning on being in grad school. I entered grad school in my first trimester. I worked full time, took three classes and threw up every day. Being able to work hard allowed for me to have an 18 month old and my M.S. Sometimes it’s hard for me to slow down, and when I have down time I don’t quite know what to do. But I love knowing that I will always be able to provide for myself and my family because I know how to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...