Saturday, January 30, 2010

Honesty

I've always had the desire to have a blog that was witty and honest and actually, maybe a bit insightful but usually I end up scribbling something down so that I don't go months between writing something. (Not that there are that many posts on here anyway) Since I really don't think many (if any!) people read this... maybe I'll take a stab at actually trying to get some of my real thoughts out there.

I am in a strange place right now. Things are... GOOD. Logan and I both have jobs, and are getting by financially, we have a beautiful and happy baby, a roof over our heads and food in our belly. Sure we have crazy landlords, the worst internet and no cable, and our food ends up being pasta a lot... but everything is there. I am so lucky to have things be... good. However, the downside is that I don't think I know what to do with things being so good. I feel as though much of my time is spent solving problems, and without that I don't know what to do with myself.

I feel discontent and that is something that I have to work on. I know that sometimes I take it out on Logan. I take the most trivial things and blow them up and it's not fair to him. This is something that I have to work on inside of myself and I need to remember to let things go and to not create problems just to have problems.

We have been thinking a lot about moving to Texas. I wanted to move before Logan and I got together, and now would be a perfect time before due to the fact that our careers will be a bit stalled come September. I'll need to be finding a new job, and why not do it somewhere warmer, where Declan can get to experience Logan's side of the family? The only thing keeping me here is my family. I love them, and they mean everything to me... but I guess I have to figure out what I would give up in order to live my life the way that I want to.

What would it take to be truly happy? Once I figure it out I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...