Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Running

So this is more to keep track of it for myself and I'm sure won't bring much interest to anyone else but...

I've been running for the last week and a half, thanks to Austin doing the local Triathlon being my motivation. It helps a lot having an iPhone with a working GPS (unlike my last phone) and apps to keep track of the time/distance and keep me going with music all together.

I've run four times and the first time I got through a mile with a little walking. The second time I ran the whole mile and pushed the stroller. Both times were about 13 min 58 sec. Then I ran (with more walking than I would have liked- but Austin is way faster than I am so I was pushing for speed and lost on the distance) 1.25 miles ave 13 min 3 sec.

Tonight I ran two miles without walking at all. I think that is a personal best. The first mile was 11 min 14 sec!! The ave of the two miles was 12 min 5 sec. Much better than a week ago. Still not very good, but I'm going the right direction.

Also- My starting weight before being pregnant with Keiran was 164. (Pre Dex was 155 ha. We'll see if that can happen again). I had gotten below that, probably because of nursing. As of a week ago I had gotten back up to 164 again. This morning I weighed myself and am down to 161.5. Meaning I've lost 2.5 pounds in the last week and a half. My weight is pretty fickle and goes up and down pretty easily so the numbers don't really mean a whole lot to me, but hopefully we'll see a trend on the going down. More important is the feeling healthier and attempting to do anything about this post baby (times two) belly. *Also- this is without changing any eating habits except for drinking more water. There were plenty of cookies and brownies consumed. You can only go one step at a time, right?

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. This post inspires me. I ran once.... and walked some, and I hated it. I mean HATED it. Ugh... I'm told it gets easier, but after the other day, I was just mad at myself for being so lousy. I bet music helps a lot. I don't have a way to bring any with me. Hmm, need to do something about that. Thanks for writing this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...