Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day a Day Late

I didn't get a Father's Day post up yesterday because I was too busy spending it with my two favorite Dads. My husband and my own dad. I am so lucky to have both in my life.

But first, I want to say "Happy Father's Day" to my wonderful husband. We haven't done things traditionally. We met, fell madly in love in about two seconds, and a month later were on our way to starting a new family. Both of us were in slightly prime partying days that were now at an end. And we both had to grow up.

When you are a mom, you immediately have to put on the brakes to anything that could be detrimental to the life now forming inside of you. As a dad... you have more of an option seeing as you aren't going to be harming anything directly if you continue to drink and party and whatnot.

I want the world to know how lucky I am. I have watched partying days be thrown aside to change diapers and read books and take trips to the zoo. I have gotten to watch Logan grow up a little more each day, and am constantly amazed by his love for us. Going from a world with no responsibilities to having to be accountable for almost every minute of every day is hard work. And he has done it beautifully.

Logan, I love you for all that you do for us and all that is to come. You are a great dad, a great husband, and Declan, Baby 2 and I are all so lucky to have you in our lives. Thank you.

Getting ready to become a Dad. 

First Easter as a Daddy 

Loving on baby Dex 

Already teaching him how to drive 

Super cute in matching clothes 

Dressing up for Dex's first birthday 

Doing Dad stuff with our friend Craig from The Hipster Dad 

Wanting to be like Daddy 

Teaching Dex about painting 

Dressed up for Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...