Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No Internet

Hello all. No internet on the homefront, so we are only gaining our world-wide-web access through the coffee shop across the street (that closes at 6??). Things are fine here, still just job hunting and getting settled in our new place. Declan has started sleeping in a toddler bed (his bed without a rail) and is doing pretty well. Sleeping in it has been pretty fine, and we even got a nap in today.

We had a surprise visit last week. I wasn't allowed to say anything, but now that the cat is out of the bag to all participants, I feel as though it's fine. Last week Declan and I were out at the library when I got a call from Logan. He told me at first that we really needed to clean so I should come home... and then realizing that DEFINITELY wouldn't get me home (haha) he changed his tune and told me that he had a time sensitive surprise for me. Declan and I got home and lo and behold my aunt and uncle from Boston were there! They just showed up, completely out of the blue and took us out to lunch. They were there to surprise my cousin on his country-wide beer pong league tour and were going to meet up with him in a few days. They surprised him in Corpus Christi, and then Logan, Declan and I surprised him in San Antonio.

We spent the night out there and had a wonderful time together. We went out to eat on the Riverwalk, Logan was a trooper though he smashed his leg up, and Declan was constantly passed around and surrounded by love. It was so nice to see them, but now I am missing home a lot more for sure. I had already been having a hard time without having mommy friends here, but now I miss my family even more.

With the inability to find jobs, and get our real lives started, I am at the point of wanting to run home. Since our lease is up October 31st, if we can't find jobs by then... I don't know what we're going to do. I know that is looking pretty far ahead. I suppose we will have to give it at least another couple of weeks, but then we'll see. I suppose three months isn't really a fair enough chance... but right now I just miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...