Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pocket


Today was one of those days. I just wanted to curl Declan up, just the way he is, and put him in my pocket and keep him there forever. Some days, most days, aren't that way. He is generally good-natured, but recently has been learning about his own free will and I get overwhelmed with the test of my patience. But today... I pretty much just marveled at the beauty that I get to call my own.

He kept looking at me with those big blue eyes that my DNA won on. He is so proud of himself for his many accomplishments of pulling things apart and (attempting to) putting them back together. He has given me so many kisses in the last two days. Big, wet, open mouth kisses. Apparently it is also funny to talk while giving these big sloppy kisses, and also stare me right in the eyes. He is currently fascinated by my face and I can feel the love radiating from him. I've been reading a lot more mommy blogs from people who seem to be able to stop and enjoy their kids much more than most. I am so lucky that I get to spend all day with my love. I get to watch him grow in front of my eyes, not hear about it from the other person watching him all day. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to do that.

I think that he would absolutely thrive in a daycare type situation. He LOVES other kids, loves keeping busy, and would have no separation problems at all (I think). However, I don't know what I'll do when I don't get to just look over at my lookalike whenever I want. I ache already and he is in the room down the hall.

But I don't need to worry about that today. Today I just need to be in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...