Sunday, May 30, 2010

Silence

Silence. Well... silence plus cars driving by and children and dogs somewhere outside. But still... silence. I haven't heard this sound in awhile.

I'm at my mother-in-law's house and she is out with the baby and Logan is out at work. I have been here working on resumes and cover letters and dreading facing the real world and trying to get a real job. However, the silence is nice for the moment. I have been going from grad school to working to taking care of Declan for so long that it's hard to stop and slow down for a minute. It is so nice to not be in school and just be able to enjoy the time I have with my child and family and not be feeling guilty for the papers and reading left on the back-burner.

However, it is not all sunshine and daffodils quite yet. We are on the brink of a change. What that change will be exactly... I'm not sure yet. We are out of our apartment July 1. While I'm excited to get away from the (if-you-don't-have-anything-nice-to-say-don't-say-anything-at-all) landlords, I'm a little nervous because it seems that right now our fate is up in the air. There has been a lot of talk about moving to Texas, but a closer look at our financial situation plus me not having leads on a job (anywhere) yet is causing us to rethink our decision. However, even if we stay in the area we're not sure where to go yet, because job situation stuff may have us leave Newton anyway. So... the deal is that I'm working on getting my professional self together with much help from wonderful family members and taking it one step at a time.

Now, since I have done resume and cover letter work and am waiting to hear opinions from my own personal peanut gallery (no offense intended... thank you so much for your help Zak!) I think I will go and enjoy the silence. I have updates on just how much Declan can get himself into now... but I think that will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...