Monday, January 30, 2012

Recharge

Today was a long day. It was a day full of thoughts I didn't want to think and decisions looming in the distance slowly growing closer. I know that everything will work out just the way it should, and in the end (well, is it ever really the end?) things will in fact be great and better than they have before. However, today... it just seemed long and overwhelming.

On the ride home I started to feel physically sick. I had gotten myself so stressed out that it was affecting my body. Then I realized. I haven't had a single moment to myself in a week. So I asked my lovely husband, who had already had toddler duty for the entire day, if he could take on being "the one in charge" so I could have a moment to recharge. He, of course, gladly said yes.

I dropped the boys at home, promised Dex I would be back soon to play, and I drove. I didn't go far. I just went to grab a chai. Just a few minutes alone. I started to breathe again. I grabbed my drink and sat for a minute, but it was just too loud. There were people talking and music playing and... I'm an introvert. I just needed quiet. So I hopped back in the car and started driving home. I turned off the radio, and just listened to the rain and the sound of the windshield wipers.

And then I was really able to breathe. And by the time I got back I was ready to be a good mom again.

Because sometimes we all just need a few moments to recharge.

So we can get back to these faces.






First he drew this guy with "crazy hair"

Then he drew another guy and said he was sad. So he drew a friend so he wasn't alone anymore. Then he was happy.
My sweet boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...