Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Four Months





Oh my little man. I can't believe it's already been four months. Every day I count my blessings that I get to spend my time with you. I could spend each monthly post going on and on about my love for you (and your brother) but it's late, and you are both asleep so I'll make this quick so I can join you in dreamland. 

The plan is for to go to the Dr tomorrow for your checkup. (Though one person said your appointment was today after I had already been confirmed for tomorrow. I figured I would have made it for my day off and not your dad's, but... I don't know. Maybe your appointment won't be tomorrow. We'll see). However, when we last checked you on a scale you were 15 pounds. You are definitely our little chunky monkey. I can't get over your thighs, and your cheeks start conversations everywhere we go. 

You love to smile. Pretty much anything and anyone can make you smile. You love to charm people as we wait in line at the grocery store or coffee shop. You also love to talk, but you save a lot of that for Mama so that we can have a back and forth conversation. When you want your opinion known, you definitely have your own voice. 

You have rolled over from your tummy to your back, but not consistently at all. You are, however starting to be more consistent with getting yourself over on your side. It freaks me out when I look away and you are in a different position when I look back. You love standing. I only do the balancing for you. The rest is all your leg power. 

You are still completely nursed. They say 4-6 months to introduce food. You seem to be doing well with just milk, so I think we'll probably wait another month and see where we're at then. (We bought a can of formula as a just in case when Mama went out- but didn't end up using any yet). 

You are in love with your brother. He lights up your world. It is the sweetest thing to see the two of you together, and I am slightly terrified of the inevitable ganging up against mom that there will be- but your brother love is for another post. With other pictures of your admiration. 

I am so excited to have our first Christmas with a family of four. Since Dex is now bigger, you will get more of the excitement from the start. Santa has some surprises in store!

So anyway... four months. Wow. We have survived. Every day brings new triumphs and challenges, but the triumphs overpower by far. I'm working on cherishing every moment of you being tiny, because I know it won't last long. However, I'm also so excited to see what else is in store for us!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...