Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Being a Mom

Being a mom is something that completely astonishes me every single day. I work the hardest I have ever worked, get less sleep than I knew possible, deal with more bodily fluids, and generally with a smile on my face. That smile on my face is there because I have found love that I didn't know existed.

I thought I found love when I met Logan. We entered a fast paced, whirlwind romance and I knew I had found my other half. Logan and I have been a "married couple" since the first date. He made my heart grow and I found my comfort zone. Trust me, there are days when he annoys me to no end... but I know that he is absolutely my best fit... he is my love.

And then I had Declan. He could break my heart in .5 seconds with a single lip quiver and then put me back together with a smile. When he wakes up at night, I know that all I have to do is pick him up and all is right in his world. That is the biggest, most powerful feeling I could imagine. I look at him falling back into his dreams, and I can't help but feel like I'm on top of the world. I am savoring these moments of being truly and completely in love because I know I will blink and have a mood-swinging teenager on my hands.

But for now... my loud, fast, into-everything baby brings me more joy than I have ever felt before. And that's all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...